Monday, September 8, 2014

Not doing much

Yesterday and today we didn't do much; just recovered from our walking around. After church, my wife was feeling sick, likely from dehydration, so we hung around at home. I made ramen and ate with her grandparents while she rested, which was an interesting experience because I don't speak Korean very well. Although I could understand when her grandmother wanted me to add more water or turn the heat off.

In the afternoon I had an adventure of my own wherein I took the bus to the city center nearby and went to a small grocery store to pickup a snack for myself and a boxed pear set as a gift for her great uncle for the holiday. Only when I got back after lugging that huge pear box on the bus did we find out from her grandmother that there was a grocery/convenience store right in the complex! And they deliver! Oh well, good exercise and an adventure for myself.

For dinner we had a simple healthy meal (see picture 1). This contrasted to my unhealthy snack of the Oreo cereal.

Today we hung around and cleaned up to get ready for chuseok and relatives coming over. I made myself a grilled ham and cheese with a fried egg and it reminded me of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment