Sunday, September 7, 2014

And some things are very different

You can't really see it in that Costco food court picture from the previous post, but there's a bulgogi bake right underneath the chicken bake! I wish I could have gotten it, except for that first picture above - if you think your Costco is busy, you haven't seen anything! This one was so busy (because it was right before the chuseok holiday) that it took us a half an hour to merely walk through, because we had to push our way through everyone.

The second picture is the huge mall - so many levels! There was also two levels below us, and one had an e-mart, which is kind of like a Walmart in the product selection.

Another huge difference from anything I've seen in the US - I saw the highest concentration of Canon L series lens I've ever seen at this mall. They were almost all the 70-200mm f2.8 lens and they were all owned by ... middle and high school girls!!! What?!?!?! Man, a) I'm jealous that so many of them had that lens and I don't; b) they seemed to all know what they were doing. I'll bet their camera knowledge surpasses mine! There was a fan signing for some boy band idol group. We were in one of the upper levels but knew immediately when the idols arrived because of all the screaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment